Chetanalaya looks at youth development as the growth process in which all youth are engaged in attempting to (1) meet their basic personal and social needs-to be safe, feel cared for, be valued, be useful, and be spiritually grounded, and (2) to build skills and competencies that allow them to function and contribute in their daily lives. Youth development currently exists in a variety of different places, forms and under all sorts of different names and so does is its existence in Chetanalaya.
Chetanalaya under its various projects makes it sure to make the youth of the community the instrumentals of change as they are generations that would lead the community in the days to come, which makes it more likely to deliver them a rights based approach interventions. Chetanalaya along with youths are involved in number of programmes such as Youth Parliament, Vocational Education/Training, Skill based short term courses, etc. Chetanalaya believes that opportunities give young people the chance to test ideas and behaviours and to experiment with different roles.
As compared to last year Chetanalaya has achieved to provide platform for capacity building of community youth of about 4500 youngsters in the resettlement colonies and villages of Haryana. 105 youth groups are formed in a total in all the vicinity of Chetanalaya’s presence. Affiliated to National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), and approved by government of India, Chetanalaya community college offers around ten courses in its 48 vocational education centres. These centres run job oriented courses which are of six months to one year duration. Embroidery and fashion designing, cutting and tailoring, beautician, computer education, two wheeler repairing, AC, refrigeration and electrician trainings are given to youngsters.
By networking with a few organizations Chetanalaya has tried to expand its youth network in the recent years so that there is better job placement for job seekers and they get more training which would be relevant for the needs.
Achievements as on 31/3/16
- Over 2500 Youth involved every year for the last 10 Years in Vocational Training certified through National Institute of Open Schooling
- BEST NGO surpassing all CSR initiatives for community development initiatives @ WORLD CSR DAY 2014
- 7 courses affiliated to the National Institute of Open Schooling.
- Over 15 centres throughout Delhi NCR catering to skill development under various skills
- Over 6000 Employed over the past 5 years after receiving their vocational course
- Personality Development – Career Guidance
- In collaboration with placement institutes and Training institutes like GMR,Big Bazaar, Reliance etc